Thursday, June 01, 2006

An Article from Couldn't Help Noticing


Touche from Couldn't Help Noticing 29 May 2006 AD

It seems that Rev. Gordon Cheng is not the only Christian apologist beavering away in the nation’s letter pages. An alert reader spotted the following exchange in the pages of The Australian:

“Tim Saclier (Letters, 23/5) has summed up beautifully the old cliche that religion is a triumph of superstition and blind faith over reason and logic. My own epiphany came at the age of 12, when my Sunday school teacher, in reply to my asking who created God, informed me with a straight face that God had always existed. I refused to attend further religious instruction on the grounds that I was being taught by idiots. My Sundays were then spent happily playing in the local swamp, where I observed many of the creatures from which I had actually evolved. Peter West, The Vines, WA”

To which came the following riposte:

“Peter West (Letters, 24/5) reminded me of my old science teacher, to whom, at the age of 12, I posed the question, “Who caused the big bang?” He answered me, with a straight face, that nothing caused it, to which I promptly replied that something must have because it obviously happened. It was at that point that I had an epiphany: my science teacher could not give me an answer that was either reasonable or logical. My Sundays were then happily spent attending Sunday school and learning about the God who created me. Bruce Newberry, Mansfield, Qld.”

Noticed by Tony at 10:32 AM

1 comment:

godgivensmile said...

Yeah...pretty much.

Check out my site...I also have recently posted an annoying hypocrisy.