Thursday, March 23, 2006

What would Luther say about Seminary?


"Luther advised all who proposed to study, in what art soever, to read some sure and certain books over and over again; for to read many sorts of books produces rather confusion than any distinct result; just as those who dwell everywhere, and remain in no place, dwell nowhere, and have no home. As we use not daily the community of all our friends, but of a select few, even so we ought to accustom ourselves to the best books, and to make them familiar unto us, so as to have them, as we say, at our fingers end" (From Martin Luther's Tabletalk).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of you who want to order WWLS bracelets, let me know! I'm getting those nice rubbery ones--maybe day-glow too! I hear it's the latest trend on the campus

John said...

Funny, Mr. Anonymous! But remember I get a percentage of all profits, or you will be hearing from my attorney.

Anonymous said...

ahem! uh MS. Anonymous

Anonymous said...

I hope your attorney is not your loving wife...she is currently working on my Walmart case. Cha ching!