Monday, August 14, 2006

Recommended Reading

I just finished The Horse and His Boy, the third book in The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. It is a wonderful book that I would highly commend to you. It is a little slow on the front end, but the plot development at the front of the book provides the necessary umphh for the end of the book.

There are a number of things that struck me. One is Shasta being a type of Moses, and another being the analogical teachings regarding the presence and providence of God. I even used The Horse and His Boy during a hospital visit last week as it related to the presence and providence of God...Wonderful material.

I wept on several occasions and had goose bumps a time or two as well. I hope you treat yourself to a reading of this book.

John

No comments: